Cricket


Live Score

Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Team India failed miserably at T20 WC and proved me correct

Finally Team India is out of the T20 WC losing their all Super 8 matches and proved my predictions right. I mentioned it in my preview post clearly that India will not perform well in this World Cup and will not even make it to the semis and it actually happened. I also predicted that 4 semi-finalists will be Australia, England, Sri-Lanka and South Africa and this also almost proved right as except South Africa all three teams which I predicted are in semis, so its good to see I can analyse the game well and my experience of watching cricket for 20 years coming handy. Coming to India’s performance I must say it is result of few factors and that too in percentage like IPL fatigue I rate 30% responsible, Team Selection I rate 25 %, Poor decisions by captain I rate 30% and players attitude I rate 15% responsible for the debacle. People are saying Raina played well but I must say his performance in World Cup have put question mark on his ability to play on fast and bouncy wickets and he did not look technically sound against short pitched deliveries so I feel he is failure to me. Talking about Mr. Murali Vijay I must say after scoring century in IPL he was flying high now his poor performance in World Cup has shown him his class and I feel if he is having some shame then he have to drop himself from the team because our chairman of selector will not going to drop him because both are from Chennai and this proves zonal bias exists in team selection. One great mistake India did in picking up the team for this World Cup is of leaving out Robin Utthappa I feel Utthappa was the strong contender for opening slot instead of Vijay simply because Utthappa played on fast and bouncy wicket of Bangalore in IPL and scored heavily on that wicket hence Barbados wicket was tailor made for him playing in Barbados because he was used  to play on that kind of fast and bouncy wicket but I feel selectors are selecting team more on state bias rather looking at larger interest of the team. Even after debacle in World Cup, selectors have not learnt their lessons and did not selected Robin Utthappa for the upcoming Zimbabwe Tour and that is the height of foolishness. I wish God save Indian cricket from these foolish and opportunists selectors otherwise debacle like World Cup will happen regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment